Radio Frequency (RF) Therapy, also known as RF Skin Tightening, is a non-invasive method for tightening skin on the face and body.
RF energy heats the dermis (deep skin layer) between 122 and 167°F (50–75°C), which stimulates the production of collagen (the protein responsible for the firmness of the skin). Studies have found that maintaining a temperature over 115°F (46°C) for at least 3 minutes causes the body to release heat-shock proteins. These proteins stimulate the body to create new collagen fibers.
According to statistics published by Conor Stewart, among the various cosmetic body contouring procedures performed in the US, Cryolipolysis and Radio Frequency treatments were the most preferred non-surgical procedures. The data shows 162,000 cases of Radio Frequency were reported in 2018.
RF Skin Tightening benefits
Radio Frequency Therapy offers many benefits when compared to other body sculpting techniques. Some of the benefits of RF Skin Tightening:
- Body contouring/skin tightening and fat reduction
- Non-surgical facelift and skin rejuvenation/reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Facial slimming
- Comfortable treatments – often compared to the feeling of a hot stone massage
- No surface irregularities after the treatment
Who is not suitable for RF Therapy
Radio Frequency Skin Tightening is a safe treatment with minimal to no side effects. However, not everyone is suitable for these treatments. People with the following conditions can not have RF Therapy:
- Sensitive to heat
- Broken blood vessels
- Females who are either pregnant or breastfeeding
- Rosacea (a skin disease in which blood vessels of the face enlarge, resulting in a flushed appearance)
Ensure you select treatment providers who have completed a Radio Frequency (RF) skin tightening certification or professional Radio Frequency (RF) Skin Tightening training. If you would like to find out more, or if you have any questions, contact The Body Sculpting Institute today!